Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Happy Birthday to My Husband

I don't often post about my husband. He doesn't always like the publicity or attention. However, tomorrow is his birthday and I want to share why I love him and why he is so important to me.



I have known this man for most of my life. We grew up together in a small town, were friends for many years, and then fell in love in college after he served his mission in Sweden. I have always admired and respected him. I still can't believe my incredible luck in being his wife.

I still get chills when he kisses me. Being with him makes me happiest. When he was traveling back and forth to Saudi Arabia and was gone all the time, I was so unhappy and stressed. Even with all the stress of moving, when we were finally together again, I felt like I could face any challenge or storm.


His touch calms my stress and nerves. When I went to the hospital for my induction for my last baby, he had to drop me off at the hospital first and then get the children to school and to the babysitter. I felt pretty calm, but when he walked into my room, sat down beside me, and took my hand, the nurse remarked that my heart rate slowed and all my vitals became calm.


He has beamed with joy each time he has held our six newborn children, just minutes after they were born. 

He has also held me and wept with me as we have faced hard things such as my lupus diagnosis, job uncertainty, a devastating and very difficult miscarriage, financial hardships, illness, and loss of family members. He is a rock to me and I know that when our hard times come, we'll make it through together. 


He is one heck of a dad. All his kids adore him and love spending time with him. He plays board games with them, takes them sledding, builds snow forts and leaf houses for them. My boys have always wanted to grow up and be fathers because of his tremendous example to them. 


He is my best friend. We often stay up too late, talking--sometimes arguing, but most often talking though. He is a fabulous dancer. He loves singing. He is a tremendous and creative chef.



He doesn't like paying for other people to do jobs he knows he can do. For example, he figured out how to clean our chimney. He installed our wood stove insert into our fireplace. He studied the town codes and made sure the installation would pass inspection. When something needs fixing, my first instinct is to call someone, but he usually knows how to fix it, and if he doesn't, he studies it and figures out how to do it. 


The man is wicked smart and has the ability to learn and diversify his skills. He got his PhD in Nanotechnology. Now he works on improving the materials for solar cells. His efforts and talents are making our planet a better place. He is a published scientist, with many, many published journal articles to his name. Even better, he genuinely enjoys his work and loves understanding how and why things work at their most fundamental level. He also creams me at Words with Friends--which makes me mad and oddly proud at the same time.


He is a faithful and active member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He honors his priesthood and keeps his covenants. He tries very hard to lead our family with righteousness and love. 


He volunteers his time and talents. He loves working with the scouts. This past summer, he spent an entire week at camp with the boy scouts. He does demonstrations at my children's schools about science and presents the wonders of science in an enthusiastic and exciting manner. 


He shares and understands my passion for travel. He keeps fulfilling my dreams. I can't wait to see where he'll take me next!


He holds my heart and soul in his hands--treating me like a queen. I love him. Happy Birthday, sweetheart!

© 2007-2016 TIFFANY WACASER ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments: