Saturday, March 22, 2014

Stones, bugs, and a new baby

In the spirit of sharing those ordinary stories I wrote about yesterday, I am going to inundate you with details about the ailments plaguing our family. Just kidding. I won't go into all the details, because. . . yuck.

Since January. . .
four cases of strep throat
two cases of ear infections
seven really bad colds and coughs
the stomach flu has stalked us this week, making the rounds through most of my children
more stomach ailments (the specifics of which I won't frighten you)
Kidney stones
more colds and congestion

We've had antibiotics, breathing treatments, nasal sprays, and crackers. Lots and lots of crackers.

In two days, I had an ultrasound, ct scan, and x-ray for my kidney stones. While waiting at the hospital to get my scan, I remarked to my husband that I was the most expensive family member because we spend the most money on me. And we aren't spending it on fun stuff like books, scrapbooking supplies, or jewelry. No, we spend it on boring (and possibly, lifesaving) stuff like ct scans. Fortunately, or unfortunately, whichever way you want to take it, we have met the deductible of our high deductible insurance plan. I think I did that just with the birth of my baby. Hospitals are expensive! I got the bill for the one-night stay in the hospital and was floored. I've stayed in some REALLY nice hotels in the Middle-East that were far less expensive and much more luxurious. Still, they didn't come with the cutest little baby on the planet. So I'll take the expensive bill and enjoy my little one.

And just to prove that she is the cutest baby on the planet, feast on this. . .


Warning: Babies this cute have been known to induce intense baby hunger.

© 2007-2016 TIFFANY WACASER ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments: