Monday, September 1, 2014

Labor Day 2014

Our last hurrah for the summer- Labor Day. We went to a beach near our home and spent a few hours there.


Water and the beach make me happy. There is just something about sitting on a blanket by the water and enjoying the sun. It takes me to a zen state as I watch my kids splashing in the water and digging in the sand. 


When I was a kid, my family owned a boat that we would take for rides around our local reservoir. I loved the rocking motion of the boat and the sensation of riding on water. Some of my happiest memories center around family outings on our boat.

I also loved to swim. We lived about 90 minutes from a natural mineral springs pool. At least a few times of the year, we would travel to the pool and spend the day there. I spent hours floating and living in a dream world of my own making.


I grew up in the mountains of Wyoming. The ocean and beaches were far away. I had only been to a beach a couple of times before I got married. When my family moved to Sweden, I used to take my boys to the beach as often as possible in the summer. The boys would dig in the sand for hours, splash in the water, and exhaust themselves. It was tough and exhausting to have three small boys at the same time, but those trips to the beach helped me relax and enjoy my work. 



It doesn't matter where I live in the world, I will always seek out water, sand, and sun for rest, relaxation, and rejuvenation. 

© 2007-2016 TIFFANY WACASER ALL RIGHTS RESERVED


No comments: