Thursday, October 23, 2014

Gratitude Unlocks the Fullness of Life

"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life.
It turns what we have into enough,
and more.
It turns denial into acceptance,
chaos to order, 
confusion to clarity."
Melody Beattie The Language of Letting Go



Lately I have been an over-buyer and an under-user. It is a terrible trap to get into, especially when working hard to live on a structured budget. In pondering why I have been buying so much, I realized that I feel a scarcity in my life. Which is ridiculous, right? The good things in my life are so abundant I can hardly count them all.

I have a husband who loves me. He is my best friend. He loves our children with complete devotion.


He spends hours a day working at a demanding job, utilizing his tremendous talents to make the world a better place. He works on our home, making it warmer and beautiful.

I have six healthy kids. SIX!!! I made it through six pregnancies strong and healthy.


My kids are privileged to be getting a good education.


I have a home that is both beautiful and warm. My kids have space to play and I can enjoy my hobbies.



We have an AMAZING yard, flower garden, and vegetable garden.



I can make delicious meals with variety. I have eaten food from my garden and can drive to several bountiful grocery stores within a few minutes.


I have parents who love me. 


I have amazing sisters. I don't get to see them very often. But I get to talk to them on the phone or text.



I am healthy. My body is strong and I can keep up with the demands of having a large family. I have had lupus for over ten years, so this is a very BIG deal.



I get to write, read as many books as I want, scrapbook, play music, and do things I enjoy.


"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life.
It turns what we have into enough,
and more.
It turns denial into acceptance,
chaos to order, 
confusion to clarity."
Melody Beattie The Language of Letting Go

© 2007-2016 TIFFANY WACASER ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments: