Friday, October 10, 2014

Life Hacks: Fitnet-an app for busy moms who want to exercise

When I lived in Riyadh, I took a Boot Camp exercise class on the compound. Twice a week I walked 2 minutes to the gym and worked out. It was great and I loved it.


Moving and pregnancy threw a wrench into my exercise routine. I totally fell off the bandwagon. I have been eating like crazy to keep up my milk supply, which is great for my baby, but not so awesome for my waist line.

When friends of mine decided to do a raw food challenge, I thought I would give it a go, but then realized it wouldn't work well for my current situation. Instead, I opted to make some changes that could easily be implemented in my life right now. I'm eating less and avoiding my favorite sugary treats. (Except dark chocolate--I just can't give that up. I eat just a square or two of really dark chocolate--at least 70% dark or more.)

I also started exercising. I found an app that I like called FitNet.FitNet is a free app that is amazing. It has three different fitness levels: lite, moderate, and intense. There are three different sections: cardio, strength training, and mind/body. Lite Cardio has four different series of workouts you can do: Light Low, Ready to Go, Step Basics, Light and Fit, and Kick It Up Kids. Each workout takes about 5 minutes to do. You can mix and match to get a good workout for your needs. When you do the workout, you get a video with a personal training talking and showing you how to do the workout. The camera on your phone or iPad measures your activity and scores you. The app logs and tracks your workouts so you can see what you have done.

The app is great because it is flexible, useful, and free. You can set and track your fitness goals. I have been exercising consistently this week. I feel great and have energy to get through my long day. I highly recommend this app to busy moms who want to sneak in exercise but can't get away to a gym. It is also a great option for budget-conscious moms who can't afford a gym membership. You don't need extra equipment-just a tablet or smartphone.

The only downside to the app is that my baby can turn it off in the middle of a workout.

Try it and let me know what you think of it.

© 2007-2016 TIFFANY WACASER ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments: