Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Travel Tuesday: Peekskill Waterfront

I'm lucky to live in an area with a lot of beautiful scenery and places to enjoy. Peekskill is on the east bank of the Hudson River and has a fun park that my kids have enjoyed over the years. The city of Peekskill recently finished another section of their waterfront walkway. I've been dying to get out and try it. This morning Winter and I got ready fast and drove to the walkway right after we got the kids off to school.


It did not disappoint. First, there is a little memorial garden dedicated to those who died in the 9/11 attacks. We aren't that far north of NYC, and most of the area is considered the suburbs of NYC. Many people work in the city and commute on trains down south. There are many connections among the people here to the events that happened 15 years ago and feelings are still very tender and sad.





Winter and I walked on the trail for about a mile. The views are really pretty and soothing.





It was a lovely walk and one that I want to do again.

© 2007-2016 TIFFANY WACASER ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments: