Saturday, August 20, 2016

Scrapbook Saturday: Pic Tap Go

Since I don't take pictures with a point and shoot camera or DSLR, I use my camera phone exclusively; I am always on the hunt for a good photo editing app. The Iphone picture app has a basic decent photo editing feature. Snapseed is a free photo editing app that offers more options with color saturation, brightness, shadows, highlights, etc.

I have heard about the Pic Tap Go app from a lot of scrapbookers, but because it cost $1.99, I was reluctant to get it. The most recent update to the Becky Higgins Project Life app allows you to edit photos in your layouts with the Pic Tap Go app, so I decided to get it. I am really glad I did, because I am BLOWN away by how easy it is to use.

Here are a few examples:


This is an ok photo as it is, but we have shadows on our faces and the color of the temple isn't very true.

In contrast, here is the edited photo. I brightened up the photo quite a bit and played with a few different filters.



Here is another photo I took of my six children. They were all in the shadow and the lighting was hard to get right.


And here is the edited photo. I lightened it and added a cool grungy filter to it.



I don't think editing and filters will turn a bad picture into a good picture, but I do think that editing can enhance a photo. I have a long way to go in improving my photography so I am grateful for this app that gives me some help with lighting.

Here are a few YouTube tutorials you can check out about this app.







Happy Editing!


© 2007-2016 TIFFANY WACASER ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments: