Thursday, August 25, 2016

Throwback Thursday: Superheroes

I originally posted this entry on August 22, 2007 on my blog, A Stranger Here, when we lived in Sweden. At the time, my children were 7, 6, 4, and 1. I don't actually remember which son I had this conversation with, but I suspect it was most likely Trent. Today I took Trent to the high school for Locker Opening Day. He is a freshman. Time has flown by at warp speeds. 

Superheroes are a hot topic in our house as we have 3 boys. One of my sons and I had the following conversation yesterday.
 Son: “Mom, is MacGyver a superhero?”
Me: “I don’t know, what do you think?”
Son:”Yeah. He saves people and stuff.”
Me: “I think so too. Are you a Superhero?”
Son: thinks a minute before answering “No. I don’t build smoke bombs to save people.”
Me: “Um, okay.”
Son: “Mom! You’re a superhero!”
Me: “Me, why?”
Son: “Because you don’t kill people.”
You heard it folks. I am a superhero because I don’t kill people. I feel like I deserve that label this week.
Now to figure out my superhero name. . .



© 2007-2016 TIFFANY WACASER ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments: