Sunday, August 21, 2016

Spiritual Sunday: Philadelphia Temple Open House

I believe that there is life after death and that families can be together forever. To be bound--or sealed--as a family requires a special ceremony performed by the right people with the proper authority in a temple.

My husband and I were sealed in the Vernal, Utah temple eighteen years ago. That day was one of the most special days of my life and having that perspective of eternity has carried us through the good and bad times of our marriage.

Only members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints who fulfill certain requirements (living certain standards) can attend the temple after it has been dedicated. Before temples are dedicated, the church opens the doors to these building and allows anyone to take a tour and see the inside.

The temple in Philadelphia was recently completed and hundreds of volunteers spent hours of their time ushering people through this building. My husband and I took our six children to Philadelphia on Saturday to show them the inside of this beautiful and holy building.



I will admit, my two-year old was a terror, throwing off her white booties (that we all wore to keep the carpet and floors clean) and running on chairs. But we took her anyway and no one glared at us or asked us to leave. All my children seemed to appreciate this experience, which they will soon repeat as the temple in Hartford, CT will soon be completed and we will not only tour the temple, but volunteer to help usher people.

There is still time to visit the Philadelphia Temple. You can comment on this post and I will get the information for you. If you are local, I would even be happy to take you on a tour myself.


© 2007-2016 TIFFANY WACASER ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments: