Thursday, March 10, 2016

God Magnifies and Elevates Our Talents and Gifts

Isaiah, the ancient prophet and poet, wrote poems and prophecies that are unsurpassed by any other scripture writing in his sophisticated poetic style, his elevated language, and his transcendent use of language to describe future events. I cannot get this out of my mind as I consider the canon of scripture available to me.

I believe the scripture was written by men who were inspired by God. The source of inspiration is the same for all the writers and yet they vary in style, tone, and message. I think in each case, each person or prophet had something unique to offer in their talents, their testimony, and their abilities which was needed in their particular situation.

God amplifies, magnifies, and elevates our talents and gifts when we put them to work in His service. I think you can see it over and over again with the prophets and ordinary people. Joseph Smith had a talent for humility, openness, and a willingness to see beyond himself which Heavenly Father used to restore the fullness of the gospel on the earth. Brigham Young's ability to organize people and direct them allowed God to magnify that to direct a mass immigration movement, colonize and cultivate a harsh environment, and build up the community of Saints.

I have a friend whose naturally cheerful and uplifting disposition has been amplified and magnified by God to make all around her feel loved and special. Another friend has used her musical talents unselfishly to uplift and inspire other at church. Over the past few years, her talents have been magnified and she is now performing professionally.

I have experienced things over the past few years where my meager talents or thoughts were amplified beyond their capacity so that I could be more useful and helpful to others.

Have you ever experienced this in your own life? Have you seen it in others?


© 2007-2016 TIFFANY WACASER ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments: