Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Travel Tuesday: Dreaming of Greece

When I was a little girl, I was fascinated with ancient Greek culture, history, and mythology. I read the Greek myths regularly. My grandfather gave me a book of Greek plays which I studied. I competed in History Days using Ancient Greece as my project. At university, I took a year of Attic Greek, but I was terrible at the language and dropped out. I did complete a minor in Classical studies and read and analyzed Greek plays, Greek mythology, and Ancient history. If we want to understand philosophy, our government, or even how our history unfolded, we have to understand Ancient Greece.

I have not visited Greece yet. I want my eventual trip to be special and to take enough time exploring the country.

I love this new video about Athens.



Someday, I will visit this place.


© 2007-2016 TIFFANY WACASER ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments: