Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Wondering Wednesday: Expanding My Mind

This is going to be super short today. I had a special exam done to check my retinas for damage. I take plaquenil to keep my lupus under control. Sometimes, but only rarely, does plaquenil cause irreversible retinal damage. Normally you are supposed to get eye exams throughout your treatment. I have never had an eye exam in the twelve years of taking my medicine. I am thrilled to report that my eyes look great. But they hurt after the exam and looking at a computer screen is kind of painful.

On to my post....

Since I have started regularly and consistently reading my scriptures and studying Isaiah, I have noticed that my mind feels so much clearer and open. I have developed a craving for better literature and I feel like I understand difficult concepts much better. This is an unexpected, but delightful benefit, from reading the scriptures. It just makes me happy. So, here's my tip for the day. If you want to be a better student or scholar, you should study your scriptures diligently and daily. You may be surprised what it does for your mind!

© 2007-2016 TIFFANY WACASER ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments: