Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Wondering Wednesday: Dealing With the Never-Ending To-do List

I have so many expectations for myself. I want to be a good wife and mother, keep my home in great shape, garden, and work on personal goals with spiritual and intellectual development. I also want to scrapbook on a daily basis.



All these things are good and they do make me happy. But I also get overwhelmed. The most frustrating thing for me is when I go to bed at night and then my thoughts loop continuously over what I didn't complete and what I need to finish. The worst part is that all of this is self-inflicted. I don't really have anyone hanging over my head demanding that I clean my house, or  study Swedish, or complete a scrapbook page a day.

Intellectually, I realize that this loop is bad for me emotionally and physically. It does have an impact on my health and well-being because stress can trigger a lupus flare.

This week has been particularly bad because I've been stressing myself out about a little party I'm hosting for my daughter and her little friends. It is a party with friends who like me and won't judge me, but I'm worried my house won't be clean enough. I have other obligations I need to fulfill so I'm anxious about my house. There is no reason--absolutely none. My friends will still love me and we will still have a nice party.

Do you have any ideas for me?


© 2007-2016 TIFFANY WACASER ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

1 comment:

Handsfullmom said...

I have found that consciously changing the soundtrack in my head from, "I have so much to do!" to "I have plenty of time" works wonders for my stress levels.