Saturday, May 7, 2016

Scrapbook Saturday: Out of the Pocket

Pocket Page Scrapbooking hit the scene a few years ago and is enormously popular. It is an excellent entry point into scrapbooking because it really is a simple system of cards, pictures, and a pen. Without too much effort you can slip cards into a pocket and record your family's memories. I scrapped all of 2014 using this system which was really fun. I decided to return to mostly doing my regular layouts. I do use the Project Life App and still make pocket pages.

Because I have a couple core kits from Becky Higgins, I try to use them in my regular scrapbooking. Here are a few fun and interesting ways to take the cards out of the pocket and onto a regular layout.

Cards as Journaling and Title Spots

It is a pretty obvious use of the 3x4 and 4x6 cards as journaling cards on a regular layout. In both these layouts, I use 3x4 cards and 4x6 cards to frame a title and journaling. I think it keeps the page organized and clearly delineates the journaling.



In this page, I cut out the word "Happy" from a 3x4 card, used foam adhesive to pop it up to give dimension. I cut down another 3x4 card and then put it in the middle of four pictures to share my story.


In this layout, the 4x6 journaling card provides a nice space to share my thoughts. It keeps my journaling focused and organized and leads the viewer directly to the story.


In this page, I use 3x4 cards for block journaling and to easily organize the many aspects of my day that I records. Because each block is slightly different, it is easy for the reader to read the different blocks without getting confused.

In this page, the 4x6 card serves as the title and journaling, all in one. It is bold and stands out to tell the story.


Cards as Frames and Mats for Photos

I also use Project Life cards as frames and mats for photos. This will require some trimming of standard size photos. I think it works really though.

In this layout, I drew a circle and then layered 3x4 cards around the circle to form an interesting photo mat. I also used a card as the title element.



In this layout, I layered 3x4 cards under the photo and then used a 4x6 card for the title and journaling. I like the look of layered cards because the card coordinate well and add a depth and texture to the page.


I used 3x4 and 4x6 cards extensively throughout this layout to layer embellishments, provide a title, and mat and frame the photo. 


Using cards like this seems pretty natural, saving one from cutting up big sheets of paper for smaller pictures. The cards are beautifully designed and offer endless possibilities.


Do you use project life cards on regular layouts? If so, how? What are your best tips for the cards? 

© 2007-2016 TIFFANY WACASER ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments: