Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Travel Tuesday: A Day in NYC

My sister and her daughter spent a day in NYC with me.  We went to the Empire State Building, something I have never done before. I loved spending time with my sister and niece. 

Driving and parking in the city is always a drag. I found a parking garage where you park yourself, which was a better deal. However, we couldn't find a spot to park until an attendant scoured the garage for a spot. When we got out of the car, I realized I had forgotten my bag with my daughter's diapers, wipes, coat, extra clothes, blanket, etc. It wasn't that warm so I bundled her up in my coat and shivered my way around as we walked. 

I parked on 42nd street and we happened across the Cake Box Bakery. My niece is a big fan of the Cake Boss so of course we had to stop. We enjoyed a cupcake and a lobster tail. Both were delicious!

\


There are so many fun things to see around Times Square.


We walked to the Empire State Building. I had purchased tickets previously through a website. We paid $32 per person to go to the 86th floor.

Waiting in line was basically a racket as they funneled you through gift shops, photo-ops, etc.



My toddler was DONE! So Aunt Shelly let her watch Daniel Tiger on the iPad. Aunts are the best.

Even though it was cloudy, windy, and cold, the view was actually amazing. Seeing the city from that height was really special. 




If I were to go again, I would recommend the tour on a sunny, warm day to get the best views!

© 2007-2016 TIFFANY WACASER ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments: