Sunday, May 8, 2016

Spiritual Sunday: Lessons from Being a Mother

I believe that being a mother is a sacred and holy calling that is assigned to women from God. I'm grateful for my mother and for the opportunity to be a mother.

I am grateful to my mother, who carried me in her womb for nine months and then labored to bring me forth. She has nurtured me, fed me, clothed me, and provided opportunities for me to grow and develop. She believes in me and trusts me. I hope I can be like her someday.


I am grateful to my mother-in-law for being such a wonderful mother to my husband a wonderful grandmother to my children. My mother-in-law has always believed in my husband and has encouraged him in every endeavor. She raised him to be kind, respectful, loving, hard-working, faithful, honest, true, and happy. She is so loving and good to me. 



My oldest son was born 16 1/2 years ago. He is a clever, interesting, thoughtful, introverted, and driven. He is the son who is literally breaking me in for his siblings. He bears the majority of my parenting mistakes with grace. Right now he is teaching me how to let a child grow up and be independent.


My second son was born almost 15 years ago. He is grumpy in the morning, kind to his siblings, generous, carries almost encyclopedic knowledge in his head about a multitude of subjects, and is true to what he believes. Right now he is teaching me to be more patient and kind. He is also teaching me that people do change, especially with love and encouragement.



My third son was born almost 13 years ago. He is steady, diligent, goofy, mischievous, and a troublemaker. At the moment, he is teaching me that he can be trusted but that I also need to remember he is still a little boy.


My fourth child and oldest daughter turns 10 in just a few months. She is sweet, bright, positive, cheerful, self-assured, confident, musical, and light. She is teaching me to take more time enjoying her and her siblings.


My fifth child and fourth son is 6 1/2 years old. He is gentle, loving, kind, playful, and friendly. He is teaching me to be more calm and thoughtful when I speak.


My sixth child and second daughter is two and she just lights up my world. She makes funny faces, is independent, and snuggly. She reminds me how much I am needed, kids grow up too fast, and to savor the time I have with all my children.


© 2007-2016 TIFFANY WACASER ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments: