Sunday, May 29, 2016

Spiritual Sunday: Letting Go

Wow! It has been an incredibly busy time of year. I feel like I need to duplicate myself ten times over to adequately tackle all of the things on my to-do list. There are times when I feel enormously inadequate as I strive to fulfill my responsibilities as a mother, a wife, and in my church callings. I know many of you carry heavy burdens in your own lives and may feel inadequate as I often do. In times like these I feel tremendously comforted by the Savior’s words in Matthew 11:28-30 where He says, 
 “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

Elder Richard G. Scott shared his powerful testimony of the Atonement in his October 2013 General Conference address, “Personal Strength Through the Atonement of Jesus Christ”. He said, “Because your Father in Heaven loves you profoundly, the Atonement of Jesus Christ makes that strength possible. Isn’t it wonderful? Many of you have felt the burden of poor choices, and each of you can feel the elevating power of the Lord’s forgiveness, mercy, and strength. I have felt it, and I testify that it is available to each one of you.” 

  Let us drop burdens that we do not need to shoulder. If we are heavy laden with burdens of sin, this is the time to cast them off with the help of the Savior’s Atonement. Let us shed those burdens that take us away from our families and diminish our capabilities to live up to our privileges. Let us open our hearts and allow the Savior to help us carry our loads. I know that Savior loves us and desires to help and bless us.
The Savior has promised us that He will help us carry our loads. In the case of sin, He has promised to remove that burden when we repent. When we struggle with sorrows and pains, He also promises to lighten our loads, to strengthen our shoulders, and give us comfort.

© 2007-2016 TIFFANY WACASER ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 

No comments: