I can't believe that July 1st marks seven years of living in New York. This makes New York the one place I have lived longer than any other since I got married. I have to admit, I didn't immediately bond with New York when we moved here. I experienced major culture shock that first year and I experienced some of my hardest challenges here. However, I have grown to love New York and proudly call myself a New Yorker.
In no particular order, here are some things I love about New York.
- You can't turn around without hitting an historical spot from the colonial period or Revolutionary War. I am such a huge fan of history--especially the colonial period, so this is a major treat for me.
- There are so many opportunities to see plays and performances. Being so close to NYC, even local productions are pretty darn amazing.
- New York has the best pizza around.
- New York Delis are amazing. I never knew about sausages and peppers until I moved to New York. One of the best reuben sandwiches I have ever eaten is at a little deli at a gas station by the Appalachian Trail. Aweseome.
- I live in a freaking forest.
- I get to live in the country with lots of wildlife around but the city is just an hour away so I can soak up all the culture my heart could ever desire.
- We live close to some of the best museums in the world. I love museums so this makes me extra happy.
- There are so many lakes and beaches around. During the summer I hang out by the water with my feet in the sand to my heart's content.
- Apple picking in the fall. I love walking around orchards in the fall and picking apples. The fresh apples taste amazing.
- The Adirondacks are gorgeous and a wonderful place for a getaway.
- I have a place here in New York with friends and a community. So glad to be here.
© 2007-2016 TIFFANY WACASER ALL RIGHTS RESERVED