Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Travel Tuesday: Things I Love About New York

I can't believe that July 1st marks seven years of living in New York. This makes New York the one place I have lived longer than any other since I got married. I have to admit, I didn't immediately bond with New York when we moved here. I experienced major culture shock that first year and I experienced some of my hardest challenges here. However, I have grown to love New York and proudly call myself a New Yorker.

In no particular order, here are some things I love about New York.

  • You can't turn around without hitting an historical spot from the colonial period or Revolutionary War. I am such a huge fan of history--especially the colonial period, so this is a major treat for me.
  • There are so many opportunities to see plays and performances. Being so close to NYC, even local productions are pretty darn amazing.
  • New York has the best pizza around.

  • New York Delis are amazing. I never knew about sausages and peppers until I moved to New York. One of the best reuben sandwiches I have ever eaten is at a little deli at a gas station by the Appalachian Trail. Aweseome.
  • I live in a freaking forest.

  • I get to live in the country with lots of wildlife around but the city is just an hour away so I can soak up all the culture my heart could ever desire.

  • We live close to some of the best museums in the world. I love museums so this makes me extra happy.

  • There are so many lakes and beaches around. During the summer I hang out by the water with my feet in the sand to my heart's content.

  • Apple picking in the fall. I love walking around orchards in the fall and picking apples. The fresh apples taste amazing.

  • The Adirondacks are gorgeous and a wonderful place for a getaway.

  • I have a place here in New York with friends and a community. So glad to be here.

© 2007-2016 TIFFANY WACASER ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments: