Friday, April 8, 2016

Friday Favorites: Becky Higgins Project Life App

You all know that I have a slight obsession with scrapbooking. I try to make a page a day about our family adventures, family history, or about my life. I recently completed a two-volume album about our 2012 Egypt trip with 90 layouts. Yes, it is insane. I will not make apologies. I get enormous pleasure out of my hobby and my family has a wonderful record of our experiences, so it is all good.




With my increasing church responsibilities, I have found less time to scrapbook which has made me unhappy. That was until I discovered the Becky Higgins Project Life App. Becky Higgins is a big scrapbook celebrity who developed a pretty simple system of pocket scrapbooking with pre-designed cards. It is very easy to slip pictures in pockets and then journal on pre-designed cards. I documented all of 2014 using the Project Life system with almost a photo everyday. However, that approach is super time-consuming. This is why the Project Life App is the best thing to hit scrapbooking.



Project Life is an app you can use on both Apple and Android products. You can use it on a smartphone or a tablet. I first started to play with the app on my drive across the country to Wyoming last summer. I had hours of time to do nothing. I found that creating pages was so satisfying, easy, and fast. I now maintain a daily journal with the app. I have created hundreds of pages using the app. My sisters often send me pictures of my nieces and nephews and I make pages to share with them. I like that I can scrapbook anywhere and anytime. Yesterday, I made a page while waiting in the car for my daughter. In five minutes, I had a completed layout.












The app costs $0.99 and includes four pre-loaded card kits and about 10 different page layouts. You can purchase packs of more layouts for $0.99. Big card kits cost $1.99 and value kits cost $0.99. This is a great deal, because a pack of mixed pocket page protectors costs $29.99 and the big card kits start at $29.99 with the physical product.

The app also allows you to easily print from the app. You can save layouts and print them through your favorite printing service or you can you use the printing service from the app itself. They charge $1.99 for 12x12 pages and $0.99 for 6x8 and 8x8 pages. They have announced that sometime this year you will be able to make a photobook directly from the app.

Becky Higgins has provided a series of Youtube Tutorials that show how easy it is to use. I highly recommend this app and use it on a daily basis.

Project Life App: Basics of Creating a Page Tutorial

Please let me know if you try out this app.

© 2007-2016 TIFFANY WACASER ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments: