Saturday, April 30, 2016

Scrapbook Saturday: Digital and Paper

This week has been a busy one where I have spent much of my creative time working on other responsibilities. I didn't scrap with physical product as much as I wanted to. This is why I love the Project Life app so much because when time and energy are short, I can still make pages I am happy to look at.

Here are a few of my projects this week.

Paper Projects

First, I made this page of my adorable niece, Baby V, who lives too far away from me. I got some really sweet pictures of her when I visited my sister in Kentucky in March. I thought these pictures showed Baby V's softness and cuddliness. The papers and embellishments came from Simple Stories' Baby Collection.

(BABY V)


I haven't been able to get out the image of Do Ho Suh's thread art canvas out of my head. He sewed an image of a person with several selves superimposed upon the one. I relate to this idea so much as I feel that I am SO many people. I tried to convey my many layers and selves with a list.

(I AM SIMPLY ME)

 This is one of my favorite photos of my daughter in her pinafore and standing by one of our forsythia bushes. I love the pop of the pink and yellow and wanted to accent that with matching embellishments. Again, I kept the patterns soft and gentle so the photo would stand out.

(OH SO LOVELY)

This last page showcases a funny and favorite picture I took of my children a couple of weeks ago when we visited a Buddhist monastery near our home. I really couldn't say more than the title did so I left it at that. Again, I kept the patterns and colors soft.

(I AM GRATEFUL TO HAVE THESE PEOPLE IN MY LIFE)

Project Life App Everyday Life Pages 


I made quite a few fun everyday life pages using the Project Life App. They came together quickly and helped me document some of the little moments that happen on a daily basis. 



(STONECROP GARDENS PART 1)

(STONECROP GARDENS PART 2)

I love the pictures in this layout because of the light and the movement and energy of my children as they play together at dusk.
(FUN IS MESSY) 


This last page is a favorite because it shares a story from a unique perspective about my oldest son, who doesn't like me to take his picture.

(@ 16)

JOURNEY TO ISRAEL PROJECT LIFE PAGES

It has taken me nine years to finally tackle my Israel scrapbook, mostly because I really didn't know how to incorporate the large amounts of text from my blog post into a scrapbook in an organic way. I will probably print these out into 8x8 pages. I think the smaller size is a good fit for this project. It will probably cover two volumes. 

I don't particularly love the card kits I have on my app for this project. I just haven't found the one that makes my heart sing. So sometimes I experiment with different cards. This is one layout I made two times with different cards. 




On a side note, after getting prints from the app, I have decided I don't really care for the large 12x12 size. I prefer the 8x8 size. It frustrates me because finding the binders and page protectors for the smaller size is a challenge and will cost me more money. Maybe if I just make the commitment and purchase as I can, it will all work out. The prints themselves, do cost less and if there is a sale on Persnickety, I can get more pages for my money. 


Pic Collage

This is a really fun app I downloaded while working the polls a couple of weeks ago. The app has some really cute templates for thank you cards. The collages have more of a scrappy feel.

This layout is of my newest little nephew, who was just born in San Francisco. His mama sends me pictures that just melt my heart.


© 2007-2016 TIFFANY WACASER ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments: