Monday, April 4, 2016

Mothering Monday: The Mundane

Mondays are usually when I put our house back together after the weekend. Today was no exception. I did laundry, changed sheets, tidied bedrooms, cleaned living spaces, and scrubbed the kitchen. I also cooked and baked. In between the cleaning and cooking, I played with Winter. We put together puzzles, read stories, and sang songs. When the kids came home, they helped with dishes, folding socks and towels, tidying up living spaces, and helped each other with homework. I'm grateful they are learning to help me and one another.

Sometimes cooking and cleaning feel mundane, dull, and pointless. When I feel like that, I try to remember how keeping a home of order does make a difference for our family. These little mundane things are what makes up life.






© 2007-2016 TIFFANY WACASER ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments: