Friday, April 15, 2016

Friday Favorites: Preparing Kids to Be Adults, Geography Quiz, a Medical Miracle, Genealogical Crime Thrillers, and Swedish Tourism

This week, I was really impressed with the article, "A Standford Dean on Adult Skills" because it gives very practical skills a new college freshman should have to successful navigate college and life. I felt good on where my kids are at as they grow, but it also gave me ideas of things we need to work on.

I love Geography quizzes. There are a number of good ones. If you want to brush up on your European Geography, Sporkle has a good one.

RadioLab re-aired a podcast episode from two years ago about a couple and their daughter who was born at 23 weeks and 6 days. I think I cried through most of the episode.

I am hooked on the Genealogical Crime Thriller books by author, Nathan Dylan Goodwin. If you are interested in family history research and like mysteries, all four books are fun and interesting to read.
Hiding the Past 
The Lost Ancestor
The Orange Lilies
The America Ground

I lived in Sweden for 5 1/2 years and I consider it my second home. I learned the language and grew to love the people and culture. A Swedish tourism company convinced a number of Swedes to accept calls from random strangers to learn more about Sweden. I would love to do this, but then I feel like I really should call my friends instead of a random Swedish stranger. However, I would recommend that you call, and then report to me!

Happy Friday friends!

© 2007-2016 TIFFANY WACASER ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments: