Saturday, April 23, 2016

Scrapbooking Saturday: On Being Prolific

Back in 1999, I wore overalls, had a chunky haircut and chunky shoes, and was pregnant with my first child. My sister, a newly minted Creative Memories consultant, asked me if I would have a party. From that time on, I was hooked. My hobby became a full-blown obsession when we moved to Sweden. I wanted to record all the details of that adventure in a way my children would remember. I am quite prolific. I have 22 completed 12x12 albums, at least 10 photobooks, 20-30 mini-books, and two albums in process.



Scrapbooking is a creative outlet for me. I get a happy boost from making pages. I am preserving our family history. Scrapbooking feeds my desire to learn. I can take classes and improve my storytelling, photography, and design skills.




I am prolific because I don't care about creating too many books. I am prolific because I budget time and money for my hobby. I am prolific because I spend time almost everyday working on pictures, creating layouts, and learning about design. I am also prolific because I take a "good enough" approach about my layouts. The truth is, I will never be on a design team or be a featured scrapbooker. I don't have the patience, the level of detail, or the skill of a design team member. I am totally okay with that. I scrap for myself and my own joy and pleasure.



I am willing to try different methods of scrapbooking. I have made photobooks using sites like Shutterfly and Snapfish. I have created blog books from Blurb and Blog2Print. I have tried different types of mini-albums. I also purchased the Becky Higgins Project Life App and use that on a daily basis. I use pocket pages for different types of stories and pictures.



What hobby do you enjoy and are you prolific?

© 2007-2016 TIFFANY WACASER ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments: